Monday 8 October 2012

SIMILAR PEOPLE




We go through the same pain
The same challenges
The same fears
The same tales
The same tears
The same banes
Similar lives
And similar figures
Yet she isn’t my reflection
She is just a different person
A different person who understands me
A different person that gets on my nerves
A different person that drives me nuts
A different person that makes me want to scream each time she pulls my hair
But yet she is the different person I love



I look at her and all I can see is me
I see a me in her
She’s got a different DNA
A different skin colour
A different eating habit
But similar sleeping habits
How can a person so different be yet so similar?
Nature is such a puzzle
How can black and white have similar characteristics?
So puzzled I am!
She is aware that we are different yet so similar
She said so once upon a time
When she looks at me, she sees a me in her
Our similarities sometimes amuses her
Because she knows that we are still so different
And I love our differences
But I love our similarities even more!

By Sylvia Chika
sylviachika@gmail.com

No comments: