Wednesday 8 August 2012

A GOD WITH LOVE SO TRUE




If I (can) speak in the tongues of men and (even) of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God’s love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Corinthians 13:1)



When I talk about the love I have for God
I speak various words in English
And sweet words in my mother tongue
My heart is filled with an indescribable longing
My eyes soften 
I close my eyes
And then the tears spill down my face
My spirit becomes alert
Words are not enough to describe how I truly feel
His love excites my soul
And I sway in his love
His love is like a warm blanket around me
For his love is so pure and true

Many of us have a special way we feel
That unique feeling when we worship God
That feeling of security
That feeling of divine love
It settles on the meek like a sheet of cotton
And soothes all pains
His love surpasses all
It is patient
It is kind
It is divine
It is perfect
It is right
His love is pure and sweet
His love is ever true


Oh! If only we could comprehend
If only men could open their mortal eyes to His divine love
See how much He loves us all
We sin yet He loves us
The bling lifestyle of the world pulls us away from him
Yet He waits on us
How much He has given us…so so much
A supreme being that gave His only son to die...
...to die for us all
That is a God of integrity and honor
A Being of supremacy
The God of all creation
A God with love so true
He is My God

By Sylvia Chika 
sylviachika@gmail.com

No comments: