Monday 14 September 2015

DARK AND LIGHT



It used to be plain black
Dark and simple
Plain and so bland
No beauty
Just simplicity unpretty
I knew it for so long
I accepted it for what it was
Not knowing any better
I assumed it was normal
I was so ignorant
Ignorance hid me in the dark
Ignorance gave me one option
Just one
But truth gave me more options
So many
I sat in the dark for too long
I survived the torture of its deafening sight
I knew no better
Years of darkness and ignorance
What a waste of good time!
I sat in the darkness until the truth came
I saw the light destroy the darkness
It stung my eyes
It seemed so abnormal
I had never seen such beauty
It formed a pretty pattern
Piercing through the darkness
It won the battle
I saw light defeat darkness
I could now see beauty all around me
Life was truly beautiful
I could see my options
It was so beautiful
I could move around
I could have a destination
I could see beauty all around me
I could do anything
I could be a better person
I could call the non-existent into existence
I could move mountains
I could run
The light revealed the truth
Life isn’t so uninteresting and unpretty
Life is pretty!
Life is beautiful!
Too many wasted years
I dropped the shackles of ignorance
I will seek knowledge
I will dwell in the home of wisdom
I will explore the good
I will live life
I will relish it
I will be all I can be
I will exceed expectations
I will live life well
I will live life good
I will dwell in the light
Forever I will


By Sylvia Chika
sylviachika@gmail.com
http://sylviachika.blogspot.com/
http://sylviachika.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/sylviachikablog
Twitter:@sylviaoz

© SylviaChika 2015


No comments: