Monday 12 November 2012

UNCONSCIOUS DRIFT




Help!
My mind is higgledy-piggledy
My thoughts are running wild
Wild with no control
And I cant calm myself
Im on the edge
Yet there is no choice to jump
Im just standing at the edge of the cliff
And looking down at the haze
If I go back, Ill face my past again
But if I jump, Ill face my future
Yet I cant jump
So I just stand there
With thoughts so crazy
Crazy crazy thoughts
I just stand there and drink-in my present
What a mess!
What a stationary mess!
I look up and stare at the clouds above
They seem so close and pure
I lift my hands to touch them
But the disappointment of reality hits me
I put my hands on my chest to feel my heart beat
It is beating really fast like my thoughts
The thumps so fast!
The thumps so hard!
My heart beats fast!
Spinning thoughts!
A racing heart!
I look down again
Below the cliff
But the haze I see no more
My traffic of thoughts accelerating
As the view below me clears
I see my future
So clear!
So there!
I shudder as the wind caresses my skin
And I finally make the decision
The decision to change my situation
To make a move
To embrace my future
So I leap into the yonder below me
I feel the sweet joy of my future
But yet the fear of crashing engulfs me
And then I wake
My bed so soaked
My clothes so drenched
I look around in confusion
It was all a dream!
A substance-induced dream
What substance?
What happened?
Answers I do not have
The many questions probing my conscience
My eyes feel so heavy
I close them gently
And drift again in sleep



By Sylvia Chika
sylviachika@gmail.com
http://sylviachika.blogspot.com/
http://sylviachika.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/sylviachikablog
Twitter:@sylviaoz

No comments: